TRANSFERS AND TOURS
Any employee shall be liable to be sent on tour under the orders of the Management anywhere within or outside the country.
42) Travelling allowance
Travelling allowance of the employee sent on tour on Corporation business with the prior permission of the Management will be regulated by the following rules
43) Head Quarters
The limits of the Head Quarters shall be Municipal limits or such other limits as prescribed by the Management.
44) Mode of Travel
a) The pay limits for the gradation of MAVIM employees for regulation of traveling allowance both on tour and transfer shall be as under :
|Grade||Pay in the revised pay scales|
|First Grade||Rs.3,000/- and above|
|Second Grade||Rs.1400 to Rs.2999|
|Third Grade||Below Rs.1400|
b) Entitlement for the Class of accommodation for different modes of trave:
The eligibility for travel by Air in different classes of accommodation on Railways, Public buses, steamer shall be as under :
i) Air Journey – MAVIM Employees drawing pay of Rs.4,100 and above, shall be held eligible to travel by Air at their discretion both while on tour and transfer subject to orders of economy measures in force and those that may be issued in future.
ii) Railway Journey – The pay ranges and travel entitlement for journey by railway on tour and transfer shall be as follows :
|Grade||Pay range||Travel Entitlement||Rajdhani Express|
|Ordinary Mail, Express/Passenger Train and other Super Fast Train||
|First Grade||5100 and above||A.C. 1st Class / AC sleeper||AC 1st class/AC sleeper|
|3000-5099||AC sleeper/1stclass||AC sleeper|
|Second Grade||2350-2999||IInd class sleeper||–|
|Third Grade||Below 1400||IInd class sleeper||–|
Note – 1 : Class ii officers in this pay range shall be eligible to travel by First Class / AC chair.
Note – 2 : When journey is performed by Rajdhani Express or any other train on which lunch and snack are served free of charge, 50 percent of the Daily Allowance admissible for the journey period, shall be deducted from the Travelling Allowance claim of the MAVIM employee.
Iii) Journey by Road in public conveyances
a) Officers drawing pay of Rs.3,000/- and shall be eligible to travel by Air Conditioned Luxury, Super Fast, Deluxe Buses
b) Employees drawing pay above Rs.1400 but less than Rs.3000 shall be eligible to travel by Luxury, Super Fast, Deluxe Buses
c) Employees drawing pay less than Rs.1400 per month shall be eligible to travel by ordinary bus
i) Journey by steamer (Sea and River) – The entitlement for journey by sea or by river steamer shall be as under
|Grade||Pay range||Entitlement to Class by sea or river steamer|
|First Grade||Rs.3000 and above||Highest class|
|Upper of two classes, middle of three classes|
|Rs.1400-2349||Lower of the two classes, middle of three classes|
|Third Grade||Below Rs.1400||Lowest Class|
45) Shortest / Longest Route
The employee shall make application in the prescribed form for conducting the tour and obtain the approval of the Management before proceeding on tour. The tour programme shall indicate the destination, the dates on which the tours are intended to be conducted and the routes in which the tours shall be conducted. Save exceptional circumstances, the employee shall adhere to the tour programme sanctioned by the Management. The tour should be shortest and cheapest route.
46) Millege Allowance by Car
i) When the officer is permitted by the Management to travel on tour by car, other than Corporation Car, he will be entitled for mileage allowance at the rate which shall be fixed by the management from time to time. At a rate per k.m. for his entire travel in the car while on tour, limited to rail fare admissible.
ii) The employee permitted to travel on scooter or motor cycle shall be entitled for mileage allowance at the rate of per k.m. for his entire travel on scooter, motor cycle, which shall be fixed by the management from time to time, while on tour, limited to rail fare admissible.
iii) Officers and employees travelling in Corporation car will be entitled to daily allowance for the total absence from head quarters at the rates admissible without mileage allowance for actual travel which is in lieu of railway fare or bus fare.
47) Daily Allowance
An employee shall be entitled to daily allowance while on tour as per the schedule fixed by the management from time to time, for their total absence from headquarters. For the purpose all the State and Union Territories Capitals, District Head Quarters of Maharashtra and other states will be treated as "A" Class cities for which higher rate of D.A. will be admissible and other places will be deemed to be "B" class cities.
A Grace period of 2 hours in case of Air journeys and one hour in the case or Railways / Streamer / Bus journeys before the schedule departure and a similar grace period after the actual time of arrival of the Plane/Train/Steamer/Bus shall be allowed. No separate allowance will be paid for journey, performed in hired/owned or Govt. vehicle.
The rate of D.A. payable will be calculated by taking total period of absence + hours of grace period dividend by 24. For less than 24 hours the D.A. payable will be calculated as per rule 47.
48) The daily allowance shall be admissible for less than 24 hours absence i.e. part of 24 hours after total absence is divided by 24 hours as under
i) When part of the day exceeds twelve hours – full DA
ii) When part of the daily exceeds six hours; but is less than 12 hours, 60% of full D.A.
iii) When part of the day is 6 hours or less, then 25% of full D.A.
49) Reimbursement of Actual Conveyance Charges
The actual conveyance charges incurred by any employee while tour and also from residence or office to the Airport, Bus and Railway Station and from Airport and Station to residence or office on return from tour shall be reimbursed.
50) Actual expenses for journey within head quarters
The employee shall be entitled to claim actual expenses incurred for journey performed on business of the Corporation within the Municipal Limits of headquarters, such actual expenses shall be limited to the actual fare charged by the public conveyance regularly plying provided that officers of A & B category shall be entitled to claim hire charges of taxi. The officers in category "C" can use taxi for emergency work in exceptional cases with prior permission of the Managing Director / Manager.
51) Advance of T.A.
i) The employees proceeding on tour with prior permission of the Management shall be entitled to claim advance against probable expenses to be incurred during the tour. The employee should apply for advance giving full particulars of probable expenses well in advance.
ii) The employee shall account for the advance so taken within 15 days from the date of return from tour and he/she refund the balance amount if any immediately along with the T.A. claim. If the account of advance is not rendered in time by way of actual T.A. claim in the prescribed form, the Management will order recovery of the amount of advance from the next salary payable to the employee.
52) The services of any employee of the Corporation are liable to be transferred anywhere in the State of Maharashtra. Transfers usually be done in the month April to June every year by the management.
An employee is said to be on transfer when he/she is permanently posted from one station to another.
53) Joining Time
An employee on transfer shall be entitled for joining time as follows :
Seven days for preparation and in addition, one day for each 500 k.m. or part thereof for journey to be performed by any admissible mode of transport or such other time actually required and occupied in the journey.
54) For local transfers only one day’s joining time will be permitted.
55) Sundays and holidays count as a day for this purpose of joining time.
56) Transfer within the same station
In case the employee is transferred within the same station, he will be entitled to one day’s joining time only including the Sundays and holidays, after his/her relief from the old station.
57) An employee, who is unable to avail of joining time for preparation, owing to the exigencies of Corporation business, will be permitted by the Management to avail of the same within 6 months from the date of his transfer and handing over at the old station.
58) If any employee has not availed of his joining time within six months of his transfer and if he is transferred to another station, he can avail of the joining time for transferring to his new station his family and kit during further six months, provided he enjoys it only once against his two transfers.
59) Joining time pay
The employees on transfer will draw pay and allowance admissible to him at the rates paid to him at the old station.
60) Transfer T.A.
An employee on transfer will be entitled to the actual fares of the class of accommodation and actual fares of the class of accommodation and mode of travel for himself and his family to which he is entitled for tours at the old station plus.
a) Actual expense incurred in transporting his kit, luggage, house hold articles and such other moveable property belonging to the employees subject to the maximum of one truck load and subject to production of vouchers.
61) Family for the purpose of this rule will include wife/husband and children and parent actually dependent on him/her.
62) Transfer T.A. may be granted to the employee who has shifted his/her residence in the same station.
63) Transfer T.A. advances
An employee on transfer may be granted an advance of pay equal to one month’s pay and advance of T.A. equal to the probable amount of expenses to be incurred by him/her for the transport of himself/herself family and kit. The pay advance shall be recovered in three monthly equal installments commencing from the month in which full pay and allowance are drawn at the new station. The T.A. advance shall be adjusted from his transfer T.A. claim. If the transfer T.A. claim is not preferred within 3 months of his taking over charge, the transfer T.A. should be recovered from his salary next payable.
These advance are interest free advances.
In case the employee is not in a position to transfer his family and kit, he may be granted Transfer T.A. Advance for self only and second Transfer T.A. advance may be granted when he proposed to transfer his family and kit.
64) Transfer Grant
In addition to Transfer T.A. an employee shall be paid transfer grant as prescribed by he management from time to time.
The rate of lumpsum transfer grant shall be revised as shown in column (3) of the statement given below. In addition, a MAVIM Employee on transfer shall be eligible for packing allowance at the rates mentioned in column 4 of the statement given below :
|Grade||Pay range||Lump-sum-transfer grant||Packing allowance|
|First Grade||5100 and above||4000||1500|
65) Rates of daily allowance and T.A. on foreign tours
In respect of foreign tours undertaken by any employee duly sanctioned by the Management, the rates of T.A. and D.A. will be admissible to a State Government Employee of his/her category or as will be specifically decided by the Management while sending the employee on foreign tour.
66) Submission / Security of T.A. claims
All T.A. claims shall be submitted within the time prescribed through the authority prescribed by the Management who should scrutinize the claim and reasonableness of the expenses and forward for check and payment to be accounts department.
67) Leave Travel Concession
An employee will be entitled to leave travel concession as admissible to a State Government employee of equal category according to L.T.C. rules of State Government.
68) T.A. on retirement / death
An employee will be entitled to full transfer T.A. on his retirement for going to his home town which should be declared by every employee within one year, of his employment under MAVIM. The family of an employee will also be entitled to full transfer T.A. for returning to home town on the death of an employee while in service.
69) T.A. as a source of profit
It is a fundamental principle that T.A. about not be a source of profit but a reimbursement of expenses while scrutinizing T.A. claims this principle should be borne in mind. In cases where it is found or there is a reasonable doubt that the rules are misused to augment the income or false particulars are given in T.A. claim, the employee should be liable for disciplinary action.
An employee travelling by 1st class as admissible under these rules must note down the ticket number of the 1st class and mention it in his claim, iIn absence of which he will be paid second class fare only.
70) Relaxation of Rules
The Management may relax the provision of these rules in individual and exceptional cases.
71) Kinds of Leave
The following kinds of leave shall be admissible to the employees subject to such conditions and limitations as may be prescribed by the Management from time to time.
1) Casual Leave
2) Compensatory Leave
3) Privilege Leave
4) Sick Leave
5) Maternity Leave
6) Special Medical Leave
7) Extra Ordinary Leave i.e. Authorised Leave without pay
72) General conditions for the grant of leave
1) Leave shall be granted by the Management on the recommendation of the head of the section having regard to the exigencies of the services and it shall be discretion of the Management to refuse, postpone or revoke leave of any kind to any employee, subject to the provision of any law for the time being in force.
2) An employee on retirement, resignation or termination of service may be granted leave benefited at the discretion of the Management to the extent of full salary for privilege leave to his credit as on date of such retirement, resignation or termination, provided that the Management may exercise its discretion to refuse
giving the aforesaid benefit to any employee whose services have been terminated by way of disciplinary action for misconduct etc.
3) An employee on leave should resume duty on expiry of leave granted to him with prior intimation to the Management.
4) The Management shall have discretion to recall an employee on leave to duty before expiry of his/her leave and he/she shall be treated as on duty from the date on which he/she started for the station to which he is ordered to resume.
5) If an employee on leave wished to return to duty before expiry of the leave granted to him/her, he/she is required to take prior permission of the Managing Director who may grant it at his/her discretion.
6) An employee shall not proceed although the leave is sanctioned by the Management unless he hands over the charge of his/her duties, on the date proceeding the date on which his/her leave commends to any other employee who is so authorized to take over charge and in absence of any specific orders to his/her immediate superior. An employee shall be presumed to have taken over charge on the date on which he resumes after leave, before noon or else from the next day.
7) Sundays and holidays may be allowed to be prefixed and/or suffixed t leave.
8) Except in unforeseen circumstances, an employee who remains absent after the expiry of leave shall not be entitled to salary and allowance for the period of such absence. Willful absence from duty after the expiry of leave may entail forfeiture of employment or subject to such other penalties as will be imposed by the Management.
73) Leave Account
Administration Department will keep a service book and leave account for every employee, showing details of the appointment, scales, promotion, increment, transfers, reversions i.e. history of his services duly attested from time to time and leave account showing leave due, leave taken and balance of from time to time.
74) Casual Leave
An employee shall be entitled to 8 days of Casual leave in a calendar year subject to the following
1) Casual Leave will not be granted in continuation of any other kind of leave
2) It cannot be prefixed or suffixed to any other kind of leave
3) Not less than ½ day and not more than 2 days causal leave can be taken at a time
4) The Managing Director can sanction casual leave for a continued period of maximum 7 days. Leave enjoyed with permission to prefix and suffix Sundays and holidays, shall not normally exceed a period of seven days or ten days in exceptional cases.
5) Balance of casual leave at the credit at the end of each calendar year will be allowed to be encashed on or before 31st January of the subsequent year
6) Casual leave should not frittered away on flimsy grounds unless it is earned by duty proportionally.
75) Bank Holidays
The office will remain close on all Saturdays and all Sundays and on Bank holidays as declared by the Management from the list of bank holidays declared by the Maharashtra State Government. These holidays will be noticed to staff in the first week of January of each year.
76) Compensatory Leave
Compensatory Leave in lieu of duty performed on Saturdays, Sundays or any bank holidays will be granted to staff with the prior sanction of Managing Director. Not less than 2 Compensatory Leaves can be taken at a time. All compensatory leave due in a year will lapse, if not enjoyed before the end of December each year. Compensatory leave may be allowed to be prefixed or suffixed to any other kind of leave.
77) Privilege Leave
1) Every employee shall earn privilege at the rate of 1/11th of the period spent on duty provided privilege leave so earned at any given time shall not exceed 300 days. Provided that person leaving the employment shall be entitled to encashment of only 150 days.
2) For the purpose of computing privilege leave, the period of any leave taken except casual leave and compensatory leave shall be included for calculating the actual number of days of duty performed.
3) The Management may grant leave to the extent of leave earned by the employee under these rules subject to a maximum of 300 days at a time, provided an unconfirmed employee shall not be eligible for leave before he/she completes 90 days continuous service.
4) Under special circumstances Management may grant leave not due provided there is clear chance of any employee earning that much leave by duty. Leave so granted should be adjusted against privilege leave subsequently earned. In case he/she cannot earn that leave by duty subsequently and leave the job, the amount paid as leave salary for the unearned portion of leave taken may be recovered from the employee.
5) Privilege leave shall be allowed to be encashed upto 30 days once in a year provided privilege leave for minimum 10 days is granted for enjoyment. One full month salary and allowances except H.R.A. may e paid for encashment of leave at the rate of salary and allowance admissible for a month of 30 days.
78) Sick Leave
6) Sick Leave at the rate of 10 days for each completed year of service on full pay subject to the maximum of 180 days in whole service may be granted against a medical certificate from Authorised Medical Practitioner.
Management reserves it’s right to refer the applicant for a second Medical opinion from the Medical Officer of the Corporation or any authorized Medical Practitioner.
7) An employee on sick leave shall not be allowed to return to duty without producing a medical fitness certificate from the authorized medical practitioner.
79) Maternity Leave
A female employee may be granted maternity leave for a period of 3 months commencing 4 weeks before confinement or probable date of confinement and rest later. For medical expenses please see medical allowance.
80) Special Medical Leave
1) The Management may grant special medical leave to any employee suffering from Leprosy, Paralysis, T.B., Cancer or such other disease as may be decided by the Management from time to time for a maximum period of one year with full pay and allowance.
Provided the Management is satisfied that such employee shall be fit to resume duty on the basis of the report received from Medical Authority.
81) Extra Ordinary Leave or Leave Without Pay
Authorized leave without basic pay and D.A. may be granted to an employee only in exceptional circumstances when no leave is due to him/her under these rules to a maximum extent of 180 days in the whole service.
Management may commit retrospectively period of absence without leave into authorized leave without pay.
82) Leave Salary
An employee on privilege leave or maternity leave or sick leave shall draw leave salary to last pay drawn while on duty.
CHAPTER – VI
PROVIDENT FUND, GRATUITY, ADVANCES AND OTEHR WELFARE BENEFITS
83) Contributory Provident Fund
All regular employees who have completed 120 days of service or who have been made permanent earlier than 120 days or who are already members of the provident fund scheme shall contribute every month a sum not less than 12% of their basic pay and D.A. to contributory provident fund.
84) MAVIM shall contribute an amount equal to 12% of the basic pay + D.A. of the employees.
85) The rules regarding payment and withdrawal from the fund shall be such as prescribed by the Employees Provident Fund Act, 1952 as amended time to time.
All employees of the Corporation who have completed minimum service of 5 years in the Corporation shall be entitled to payment of gratuity equal to half month’s pay for each completed year of service.
The condition regarding minimum of 5 years for grant of gratuity benefits will not be applicable to those employees who die or are physically or mentally disabled while in service.
The pay for the purpose of above rules shall be last pay drawn by them on the day immediately proceeding the day of resignations, retirement, termination, deaths or physically or mentally disablement and pay means basic pay + D.A.